Some parts date back to the 12th century when it was attached to a priory, it was here that John Harvard, who founded Harvard University, was christened in 1607 and where Shakespeares brother Edmond lies buried.Designed by Wren and completed in 1677, to commemorate the Great Fire of London of 1666.Guided tours give an opportunity of witnessing this great Elizabethan theatre in its inaugural season following its reconstruction exactly as it would have been over 400 years ago.The tours paint a vivid picture of the surrounding area and of the theatre itself in which Shakespeare was not only a shareholder but also an actor and where most of his plays were first performed.The Clink which burnt down in 1780 gave its name to mean any prison.
Intake: During the intake appointment, staff will gather information about the criminal case. Review: The case will be reviewed by RMvlc's staff.This obelisk was first erected in Egypt by Pharaoh Thotmes lll around 1500BC.It was presented to the British people in 1819 in recognition of Nelsons victory over the French fleet at the Battle of the Nile in 1798.This Palladian building was erected in 1786 when the river still reached its walls.It takes its name from the Duke of Somerset who started a palace on this site in 1547. This includes two of the four Inns of Court - the Middle Temple (in whose Elizabethan Hall Shakespeares Twelfth Night was performed in 1601) and the Inner Temple.
Its stone pillars shaped like the pulpits of a church echo the 12th century Benedictine monastery whose monks black habits gave the area its name. Work started in 1675 during the reign of Charles ll to replace the old St Pauls destroyed in the Great Fire of London of 1666.